Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cheap Mailbox Solution


When leaving Arizona, I inherited a classroom mailbox system and was VERY excited to use it the following year. When I tried to put it back together after moving, the entire thing broke into pieces and was not able to be fixed. On a trip to IKEA one day I got creative and thought of a new mailbox system. When I taught Kinder, the end of the day would be SOO hectic with trying to pass out papers and trying to get my students ready to go home at the same time. Now I teach 2nd grade and my classroom I have now has a wall with cubbies and hooks behind it. I positioned my easel so that I could attach hanging closet shoe organizers from IKEA to be their mailbox system. I numbered each mailbox so that each student could be assigned a number and they would know exactly what mailbox to go to at the end of the day. Beside the mailboxes was a class list with each student's number listed next to their name for easy reference. This system saved my sanity at the end of the day! It was so incredibly quiet when my students were getting ready to go home. I highly recommend coming up with a mailbox center instead of trying to pass out random fliers and graded papers at the end of the day. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment